Saturday, September 26, 2009

Creating Press Releases

Have you done any press releases? I never did until this past 2 weeks and a friend of mine got me started and it is mind boggling but it is fun and fast.

I have done 3 press releases now and for some reason I am surprised by the hits I got. Why I don't know but it just surprised me I guess that anyone would be interested in what I am doing.

If you would like to take a look at them I will leave the web links to them at the end of this post.

Why would we want to use a Press Release? Doing press releases has always been the standard method of communicating any newsworthy announcement to the media. This amounts to free publicity.

Large companies have always used press releases as one of the most effective forms of their marketing methods. So why shouldn't we.

This form of marketing can help to launch your new products, or in my case as a non-profit we can announce fund-raising events and activities, and entertainment companies use press releases to promote the release of everything from games, books, music, and films. So I would say we need to follow what the big boys do, right?

What I am understanding is if the large companies know about this maybe we should follow suit and learn from them, if they get publicity why shouldn't we? Isn't that the best publicity?

Here are the links to the press releases I wrote
Renita Challenges You to Step Up to the Plate
Financial Peace University Come to Harvard
Renita Farrall Guest Speaker at Center City Chamber of Commerce Luncheon

I now challenge you to go out and try a press release for your business.

Have fun writing,

Renita Farrall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your message.