Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Fall of '07 and the Rise of Grandma?

Email entry for Oct. 15th: I sure feel better about all of this now. I at least feel like we are moving in the right direction and maybe I can do this.

Then I received an email response back from the Leading Grant Expert Sherry Watson saying "That's fantastic! And yes, you not only can do it, you ARE doing it!

Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Sherry Watson

“Granting Your Wishes Come True”


After pinning down the name of the organization the mission statement was next in line to work on to start filling out the 501(c)3.

I had sent Coach Brett an email:
Following is a quote that I received in one of my emails today that went along with what I was talking about today also.
"If you are never scared, embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take chances." -Julia Soul
That quote says it all for me since I have been scared through this and afraid that I would be embarrassed if it doesn't work out. And I feel I am definitely taking a chance with our finances.


I am sure you can see from the previous emails what a state of uncertainty I was in at this time.

I was desperately searching for something that would make me some income until I could get That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's! up and running. I came across a website that spoke to me. It was about Jeff Wellman who worked on a dairy farm and how he found a way on the Internet to make money. I decided to see if he could help me and with his guarantee I decided to buy his program. Then after a day or 2 I got buyers' remorse. I felt so guilty that I decided I shouldn't have done it. I called him and he said he would return my money to me but he would like for me to listen to the conference call he would be hosting the next night. I agreed.


I was very distraught by this time. I did get on the call and wasn't going to say anything. But Jeff wouldn't let me just sit and listen he made me talk. Jeff recommended that we join his Mastermind groups that he was putting together. I listened to that call and met a lady by the name of Dixie Brown.

Dixie called me the next day. She asked me some questions and we partnered from there. I have been working with Dixie and learning about the Internet from this phenomenal coach. ever since.

Dixie and Jeff have become some very special people in my life and I am very grateful for each of them, as you will learn with the ongoing posts. Their participation has been a big and positive influence in That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!

Maybe it's a good thing I was so scared. It drove me to action.

Renita Farrall

4 comments:

  1. If you are still scared, it certainly isn't showing. Girl, you are so busy with all of Grandma's projects that there is no time for fear and trepidation!

    I'm really proud of you!

    Virtual Hugs {{{}}}
    Your #1 Cheerleader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renita, you are right on - that is maybe why Creator gave us fear. You either sink or swim. And I'd say you're training for the Olympics and will rival Michael Phelps here shortly! Keep going. Step by step, one action at a time. that's the way to success! And you are going to help so many people. What a blessing you and your legacy are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandma, without a doubt, was the most precious and beloved of all my family. I can say that that is true even of my parents. They were honest, strict, productive people; but my Grandma showed me love. We moved away from her when I was 9 and I saw her only twice before she died. I still have a couple of her letters and cards that she always sent to me. I regret that I was not as faithful to correspond with her as I should have been; but she was always my role-model of love. She rocked me, sang hymns to me, let me share in her life...I KNOW she loved me. I can still hear her voice in my mind after 50 yrs. She is the first person I will look for in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renita:

    I am honored to be named on your blog and to be even a small part of your success and that of "That's It, I'm Going To Grandmas."

    Thanks,

    Dixie Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your message.