Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Is It Passion or Encouragement that Helps?

Here we are, reporting about Oct. 2007.

On Oct. 1 I sent this email to Coach Brett from the Power of Grant Money: I received a call from the state and "That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!" is open to use for a name and I have already purchased the .com and .org for that name.

On Oct. 2 Email was sent to me about what to do next: We will need to determine your board of directors so that we can file your Articles of Incorporation with the state.

You are required to have 3 individuals on you board at minimum.

Now my journey is REALLY started! I began searching for my Board of Directors. I was rejected by 2 and 2 more surprised me with "Yes, I think that is needed." I was in total shock and surprise. I thought WOW! This is better then any Multi Level Marketing enterprise. I never got anyone there to say 'yes.' I guess when you have that passion behind you it really does make a difference. My husband said he would be the 3rd member.

Oct 12 a great email from Coach Brett from the Power of Grant Money: From your message I sense that you are still apprehensive about what you are doing. You continue to feel the way that all individuals who are starting a new organization feel.....uncertainty. It is your passion that moves you forward! Hold on to your passion. You are creating a program that will support children and families as they strive to better themselves.

... Keep moving forward with passion, allow individuals to consider what you have asked...
You can have a list of individuals that may be resources for your project. Board possibilities, volunteers, group leaders, bakers (for cookies at Grandma's).....and develop your initial program to begin to establish structures.

Each time you share you project with others, you are "practicing". You are stiving to be more comfortable talking about you passion, you are sharing your passion with others in the community. You are practicing and you are making connections.
You are moving Forward!!


I have one last email I want to share with you to show you just how supportive my coaches were to me. This will be the last one for this post and then tomorrow's post will be to finish October's events.

Thanks for your emails. I have stayed quiet this week because I have felt the need for you to stay committed to your mission. It's never easy, and certainly there are periods of discomfort in pursuing your goal, but if you are truly committed the "universe" will provide the means for you to get there.

As the beautifully framed picture that I've had on my office wall for many years of a famous, extremely challenging golf hole tells me daily "If you think you can.....or you think you can't....you're right"

My advice is really pretty simple. Recognize that you are on the right path and commit to it. Once you commit the universe rallies to help you. And once you truly commit you don't have the demons confronting you of "I can't", "I'm not sure", "This isn't working today", and the like.....

I'm v-glad that you have had some success lately but...

Recognize Renita, that there will be severe, emotional ups and downs........it's part of everybody's life when they decide to move beyond their comfort zone. The trick is to not really pay any attention to the highs or the lows.......just stay focused on the objective.

Understand that the process is hard........for all of us......but the end result makes it all worthwhile.

You are on the correct path, make your vision a reality, and we are here to help you but realize there is only so much that we can do.....whether you accomplish this (or not)....it's really up to you.

All the best, Gary Nichols

Gary also said something very profound to me and that was that "he has worked with farmers in his area of expertise and the 2 toughest things that anyone can do, in his opinion, is farm and raise kids." I said, "Well I have done both, so if that is true why am I so worked up about doing a not-for-profit business?" That has helped me to keep pushing and moving forward in this.

I hope this post helps you to keep moving forward and know that we all have our ups and downs but there is light on the other side, I think! I am getting closer to it though.

My passion drives me. The encouragement is the fuel that keeps me going.

Renita Farrall

2 comments:

  1. You are following the advice given to CNN's news man, Anderson Cooper by his mother. She told him, "Follow your bliss."

    Your bliss is going to leave a permanant mark on this world, Renita. You are living your truth in love and that makes you a winner.

    "That's It, I'm Going To Grandma's" has touched the lives of soldiers and their families, prisoners and their associates, your own friends and family...You have impacted your associates and those in facilities who serve the elderly...we are all beaming with pride and cheering you on.

    Thank you so much on behalf of so many people!

    Virtual Hugs {{{}}}
    Mother Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project jurnal this is. can't wait to see whats next as you develope the org.

    Arvell Lewis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your message.