Monday, October 13, 2008

Am I Really Doing the Impossible?

"First do what is necessary. Then do what is possible. And all of a sudden you are doing the impossible." ~ St Francis of Assisi

In January of 2008 I felt as if I were doing the impossible! There we were, beginning a new year and I felt like I was full throttle ahead. After sharing with Coach Dixie it seemed like things started moving on the fast track.

Here's how events unfolded:
  • By the middle of the month I was going to my first nonprofit meeting to see how they do things.
  • Then it was working on the 1023.
  • Getting my E.I.N. (Employers Identifation Number).
  • Working on the budget, which I thought was another impossible task.
  • On January 17th I found myself attending an Executive Luncheon.
  • January 29th we had our first Board of Directors meeting with The Leading Grant Expert Sherry Watson and her team. We spent that time approving the Bylaws and getting all questions answered.
  • On the 31st I typed up the board meetings and called Church Ministers in the area about our first project of "That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!"

Renita Farrall

What are you doing to create your Legacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your message.