Saturday, October 18, 2008

Is THIS a Learning Curve, or WHAT?


April 2008

"Diamonds are only lumps of coal that stuck to their jobs.”

  • B.C. Forbes, Scottish journalist, Founder of Forbes Magazine
    (1880-1954)

    I am like a lump of coal on its way to becoming a diamond. My intention is to stick to my job to see this all the way to the finish line.

Do you have the feeling I am on a Tsunami wave? That is exactly what it felt like! Things were moving really fast and I had no way to stop or control it.

April turned out to be as wild as a March hair!

Much was being accomplished, thanks to my weekly calls with Brett and my daily calls with Dixie Brown.

Even my husband got into the act! He let me record him reading aloud ’The Velveteen Rabbit’ so we can put the audio on ‘Grandma’s’ website!

Here’s what I learned:

  • How to make a ‘squeeze page’ on the web.
  • How to write articles.
  • I should start talking to people about Make 2 Tell 2.
  • How to make interview questions for Sherry Watson and others.
  • Sherry and her husband, Tracy, would be coming to stay for a
    few days. They would take me around to get acquainted with contacts.
  • How to edit a recording.

I don't believe I have shared with you about “Make 2 Tell 2 .” This project is a key part of "That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!" It all got started after the Valentine's Day Drive when we wanted to keep the card project going. The next holiday was July 4. We decided we could invite people to make cards for the soldiers overseas. We could send the cards to Iraq and Afghanistan. WE DID IT! Now we have sent over 5 packets so far. I have received a very special letter rom one of the soldiers. They were very appreciative of all the cards.

You are welcome to join in on the fun of making cards and telling 2 people. All you have to do is go to Make 2 Tell 2 and fill out your name and email address and you will get my emails.

My friend, Connie, lives in Tecumseh, Nebraska, where one of Nebraska’s state correctional facilities is located. She sponsors the Toastmaster Club inside the prison. She informed the club members, inmates, about "That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!" She also told them about Make 2 Tell 2 and they fell in love with the idea. They wanted to do their part to give back to their country's service men. Some of these men are veterans who have served our country so they are very aware of what our soldiers are going through.

There is too much to say in just one post, so stay tuned for the next installment, where I will share with you about Sherry's visit.

What did the inmates do? You will have to wait until June's update for that.

While you are waiting for my next post, Click here to learn more about The Power of Grant Money.

That's It,

Renita Farrall

Are you developing your legacy?

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing I have an inside track about what the inmates did...I would not be able to withstand the suspense of waiting for tomorrow's post otherwise!

    Here's hoping your Make2Tell2 project goes viral!

    You and all those in your circle are having an IMPACT, Renita! Contratulations to all!

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your message.