Friday, January 2, 2009

Focus! Direct! Ask!

As I look back over 2008 there was much growth and changes in my life.  January was the beginning of starting to move "That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!" along.  We started with getting some Valentine Cards made and delivered to the area Nursing Homes.  Then we extended that to Thank you cards for our Soldiers.  Now I am also working with reading to the young children that come to the Library.  We also provide one morning a month for the adults to come in and share what they are reading.

All of this has been a real growing process for me. I am not one that likes to be out in the lime light.   I would be happy just sitting at home doing something that no one can see.  My growth has really expanded but I have a long ways to go.

Focus is one of the points I need to work on. I notice things seem to get in the way of what I should be doing. So sometimes I need to switch on my windshield wiper and clean the lens so that I can get refocused. When I do this my vision becomes clearer so then I can see more clearly as to the direction I am going.

Direction is another area to work on.  I get my compass out and find that most of the time I am headed in the wrong direction, so then I have to do a lot of back tracking to make up for lost time. By keeping my one eye on the compass I can make the right corrections.  Different situations create constantly changing. Constantly checking the compass will help me to know if I am heading in the right direction.

Ask! I need to work on asking for assistance when I am in doubt.  That will help to clear my perception and refresh it.  As I grow I find that it is easier to keep going back to the same old worn out path as I took before.  Now it is dawning on me that again I need to get out the windshield washer and clean my lens again to be able to go in a more current direction to fulfill my mission.

Life is always changing, evolving and growing.

Renita Farrall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your message.