Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TV Spot Spurs Action from Viewer

It has been a long time since you have heard from me and many things have happened since the last writing. But the thing I want to share with you today is that with kids back in school and everyone back at work, there maybe some extra time for you do something worthwhile now.

What am I talking about? Well, it is the middle of September and it won’t be long before the holidays show up on our doorstep. So, while you have a few days yet I thought it would be a good time to get this email out and let you know that this would be a great time for you to start making those Christmas Cards for our soldiers. I have already had a few emails and phone calls asking if I was still doing this and the neat part was a woman called me, because she was getting together with about 4 other ladies in her small town and they were trying to think of a reason to make cards.

Lois remembered seeing me on the local TV news station. She wrote my name and information down (smart lady). Lois decided this would be a great project to do. She called to get the details and she even knows of a soldier that she can get me her name and information so we can send the cards to. Did I say Lois told me maybe 4 times in our conversation how she loves to make cards.

Can you do something like that? Do you have some neighbors or friends that would welcome the idea of getting together for a time of getting reacquainted and doing a good turn at the same time?

Another organization emailed me and asked me to come visit them when they work on their project in Oct. They have done several projects for me in the past and I would love to see them and have some faces to put to the names. Also enjoying a cup of coffee and friendly chat is always fun.

So see what you can do. Get together or do your own and send them to me at :

Make 2 Tell 2
991 Road 325
Harvard, NE 68944

Also, round up some soldiers names and addresses and how many is in their troop. I always need names. Be sure and let the family members know that we will take special care of those names and not give them out.

Have a fun day,

Renita Farrall
Executive Director
That's It, I'm Going to Grandma's!
http://www.make2tell2.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your message.